Monday 27 June 2016

YCN Feel Good Evaluation


YCN Feel Good Evaluation

In this project I did an YCN brief. The brief was to re advertise the Feel Good brand to an audience of 18 -35. To start the project I had to look into the brand, it's advising and it's competitors. I had to compile this information into a powerpoint. After that I began looking at other ads I found and reviewed them. I mostly looked into drink ads as that is what I had to advise. I picked a few ads and started to analysis them. I did the same thing for Feel Good and looked at why they might not be successful. After that I went to design intellect to look at what the 50 best agency's had done.
After researching the company and it's competitors, I needed to do some primary research so I decided to go to the Museum of Brands. It was very helpful to my research as it has showed me how advertising has evolved. Then I went to the library and found a book called 'Advertising by design”. With the help of the book I made several mind-maps about different advertising approaches.

Then I decided to look up positive quotes as the company's message was about spreading positivity and I wanted to try and use that in an idea.

To get a better idea of what 18 – 35's did I decided to create a survey. I made it short as people don't really like answering long surveys. I got 25 people to do it and I asked a mix of ages to get varied results.

I then moved on to ideas. At first I went down the fruit route by only using fruit in my ad. I came up with mostly posters and billboards. I had to change my thinking as those ideas didn't really capture the brief. Further down the project, after a bit more research, I came up with more ideas trying to incorporate humour in to them. These ideas ended up being too childish for the age range. In my next ideas I tried to incorporate women and fruit together, as well as some humour. In the ideas I drew women doing various activities like sport, hanging with friends and just relaxing. After that I decided to take a different approach. I thought about making a poster for people feeling down. They could flip a flap and under neath would be a positive quote to brighten their day. I scarped the idea though because it still wasn't really targeted at the 18 – 35 age range.

I went back to the idea of women by using female athletes. I looked at pictures of athletes and tried to draw them. I scraped this idea too because using athletes would make people think of a sports drink and Feel Good isn't one.

I still went with the women theme though and looked for various pictures of women. I found many images and decided to try them out. Most of the pictures didn't work but I used the ones I liked. After getting the pictures, I needed to figure out what type I wanted. So I experimented with a few and decided to use 'Lubaline Graph Bold”. I thought the font matched the theme better than most of the fonts I looked at. After choosing the font and placing the elements into the poster I felt it was a little empty so I used the ellipse tool. It helped it a little but it was a little bright so I decided to reduce the opacity to 60%. I then moved the text into the bubble as it was hard to see because of the background. I had to keep the elements consistent so I did the same to the rest of the posters.

If I had more time I would have done more than just posters. I would have more billboards and maybe a social media campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment